Friday 26 February 2010

6 December 1994

I’m going over Jessica’s tomorrow. I think we’re watching that Robin Hood film with her mum. Julia has been telling me all about Robin Hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. He sounds like a good man. Julia has the cartoon version of Robin Hood and says Jessica can come over here to watch it. I’ll ask her tomorrow if she wants to. I’ve been helping Julia to make a Christmas cake this afternoon after school. She put brandy in it but not as much as auntie used to. Auntie only made the cake because she said the shop bought ones didn’t have enough brandy in them. I stirred the mixture as Julia puts all the things in the bowl. The kitchen smells lovely now, all sweet and fruity. Julia is going to bake it tomorrow and says I can ice it on Christmas Eve. We’re going shopping for things to put on top of the Christmas cake on Friday. Julia says we can get some new Christmas decorations for the tree as well. I can’t wait to see the tree. Arthur is going to pick one up from the nursery next week for Julia and I to decorate. I’m starting to look forward to Christmas already. It sounds like Christmas will be so nice here with Julia and Arthur. I never got anything for Christmas at auntie’s and wasn’t allowed any Christmas dinner. Julia says I will get presents and food and everything here. It’s going to be the best Christmas ever.

Samantha E Wills

No comments:

Post a Comment